Recent Posts

Vote for Tomb Raider in the VGX Awards!

Tomb Raider 2013 is up for 5 awards in this year’s VGX video game awards, including Game of the YearBest Action Adventure Game and Best Voice Actress.

Lara as she appears in Tomb Raider 2013

Was Tomb Raider 2013 your “game of the year”. Let the VGX advisory council know by casting your vote on the VGX website!

The winners will be announced during the award show’s livestream feed on Saturday 7th December 2013 so feel free to show your support of Tomb Raider 2013 and Camilla Luddington by visiting the VGX website and casting your votes!

Follow the Archaeology of Tomb Raider on social media!
Follow The Archaeology of Tomb Raider on FacebookFollow The Archaeology of Tomb Raider on TwitterFollow The Archaeology of Tomb Raider on Google PlusFollow The Archaeology of Tomb Raider on TumblrFollow The Archaeology of Tomb Raider on PinterestFollow The Archaeology of Tomb Raider on RSS

About Kelly M (307 Articles)
A Gibraltarian-born blogger, gamer, and archaeology enthusiast with a passion for languages, wildlife conservation, and East Asian cultures. Tweets under the username @TombRaiderArch.

16 Comments on Vote for Tomb Raider in the VGX Awards!

1. thedadgentlemangeek // 25/11/2013 at 11:48 PM // Reply

How about an award for you instead? :) http://tdgg.wordpress.com/2013/11/25/sunshine-award/

• Kelly M // 25/11/2013 at 11:53 PM // Reply

I believe that’ll do rather nicely. Thanks so much for the nomination! :-D

2. drakulus23 // 26/11/2013 at 2:54 AM // Reply

What’s it going up against?

• Kelly M // 26/11/2013 at 9:42 PM // Reply

I think it was The Last of Us, Bioshock 3 and Grand Theft Auto 5.

• drakulus23 // 26/11/2013 at 11:31 PM // Reply

Wow, I would vote for Bioshock but that’s just me :].

• Kelly M // 26/11/2013 at 11:33 PM // Reply

I went for Last of Us. ;-)

Though I voted for TR in the Action Adventure category.

• drakulus23 // 26/11/2013 at 11:36 PM // Reply

I don’t really pay attention to the VGA’s anymore. I stopped watching it back when 50 cents bulletproof won game of the year

• Kelly M // 27/11/2013 at 11:55 AM // Reply

I tend to avoid award ceremonies like the plague but I’m interested to see if they’ll make any announcements about the new TR game at VGX. Not that I plan to stay up to watch the show. I’ll no doubt hear all about it on Twitter the next morning.. ;-)

• drakulus23 // 27/11/2013 at 3:54 PM // Reply

Isn’t the new Tomb Raider just a remake of the one that came out earlier this year?

• Kelly M // 27/11/2013 at 3:59 PM // Reply

I’m not entirely sure. There are rumours of PS4/Xbox One release for TR 2013 but Square Enix did also mention a few months ago that a sequel was in the works. So I’m not sure what to believe. This is why I generally avoid posting anything about any upcoming sequels until the rumours have been confirmed. ;-)

• drakulus23 // 27/11/2013 at 3:59 PM // Reply

Same here. If it’s just a remake then i’ll pass. There’s no point in owning the same game twice

• Kelly M // 27/11/2013 at 4:02 PM //

Indeed. I don’t have a PS4 yet but I won’t be spending my money on a game I thought was good but not great. Once was enough for me. ;-)

• drakulus23 // 27/11/2013 at 4:07 PM //

That’s how I feel about it. I thought the game was good. It was actually the first Tomb Raider game i’ve ever played all the way through but it’s not my game of the year by any means.

• Kelly M // 27/11/2013 at 11:52 AM // Reply

I haven’t played that one but I’ve heard it’s an excellent game.

3. englishgameruninhibited // 27/11/2013 at 5:46 AM // Reply

So I am a huge gamer and I love the Tomb Raider series. I stumbled upon your blog while on a friends blog. I was impressed with the content and subject matter so much so that I have taken the liberty to nominate you for the Sunshine blog Award http://englishgameruninhibited.wordpress.com/. Tomb Raider was an awesome game.

• Kelly M // 27/11/2013 at 11:51 AM // Reply

Thanks so much for the nomination! And glad to hear you’re enjoying the blog so far. It’s a great way for me to combine my love for the TR games with my other love, archaeology. Kind of ironic, given that Lara’s archaeological methods leave a lot to be desired. ;-)

I’ll check out your blog properly when I’m home (I’m currently in the office).